Copyright © 2000-2012 Helicon Soft, Ltd.
d-Studio, Ltd is developing and supporting Mac version of Helicon Focus under the joint venture with Helicon Soft Ltd.
Helicon Focus is a program that creates one completely focused image from several partially focused images by combining the focused areas.
- micro photography (camera + optical microscope )
- macro photography (camera + macro lenses )
- landscape photography (infinite depth of field )
The main purpose of the Helicon Focus is to provide powerful instrument to cope with the shallow depth-of-field problem. Program also aligns images as objects often change their size and position from shot to shot. This function is especially important for macrophotography.
Helicon 3D Viewer is a free utility to manipulate 3D models produced by Helicon Focus.
Use free Helicon 3D Viewer to share your 3D results with your colleagues and friends.
Helicon Focus Lite (basic license):
- automatically adjusts and resizes images (important for stereomicroscopes and macrophotography),
see samples here ;
- optimized to use all processors available with Apple's Grand Central Dispatch technology:
- 1.7 times faster with 2 processors (it is true for all Core 2 Duo Intel Macs);
- 2.3 times faster with 4 processors (it is true for all 1 x Quad-Core Intel Xeon Macs);
- would you like to test performance on your 2 x Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac? ;)
- has no limitation on image resolutions (you need at least 512M RAM to work with 8Mp+ images);
- processes an unlimited number of images in the stack;
- preserves details by using advanced interpolators for image manipulation (Lanczos, Sinc256);
- internal workflow always uses 16 bit color depth to preserve colors;
- provides possibility to clean dust artifacts, by removing black points from the resulting images;
- automatically adjusts brightness of the adjacent images;
- reads RAW, 8bit and 16bit TIFFs, JPEG, JPEG 2000, BMP, etc;
- writes 8bit and 16bit TIFFs, JPEG, JPEG 2000, BMP, PSD, PNG.
Helicon Focus Pro (advanced license):
- includes all the features of the Lite version;
- retouching brush to clone from aligned source images to the resulting image
(cannot be performed with external photo editor);
- 2D micropanorama;
- Export of 3D model of the object to Helicon 3D Viewer (included into Helicon Focus v4.2+ installation);
- Export of animated stacks (v4.2+)
Helicon Focus Pro X64 (premium license):
- includes all the features of the Helicon Focus Pro;
- enables running in 64 bit mode to get advantages of all available physical memory, significantly improves performance on machines with more than 2Gb of RAM;
Please be aware that Helicon Focus Pro X64 license is available starting from Mac OS X 10.5 only! For Mac OS X 10.4.11 users we deployed 4.0.5 version.